King Kais Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EP3 General Grievous Vs EP1 Darth Maul

2 posters

Go down

EP3 General Grievous Vs EP1 Darth Maul Empty EP3 General Grievous Vs EP1 Darth Maul

Post by Tienshinhan06 Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Who wins!? Grievous gave Maul a pretty good fight in Son of Dathomir, and has given Kenobi trouble multiple times in TCW. Maul was obviously superior to Kenobi in EP1, and killed Qui Gon whose Jedi Council Member level. Then again, Grievous had mad trouble with Koth/Fisto, well Maul took out Qui Gon. Though, the version of Maul that Grievous did well against (Maul used the FORCE to defeat him in the comic) is pretty clearly (TCW Maul)>TPM Maul. Maybe there around same level in sabers (I could even see TPM Maul>TCW Maul, but Savage did say Maul had gotten far more powerful), but Maul in TCW/SoD is def vastly superior with the force then TPM Maul.

Not sure who wins this, based off the SoD fight I'd say TPM Maul and ROTS Grievous are proabably around the same level in saber skill. IDR TPM Maul doing anything impressive w/the force. Then again, Maul did kill Qui Gon who I'm not sure Grievous could take out seeing as how he could barley handle Koth/Fisto. I'll say Maul, but proabably 6-7/10 fights.

Tienshinhan06
Admin

https://kingkaisplanetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

EP3 General Grievous Vs EP1 Darth Maul Empty Re: EP3 General Grievous Vs EP1 Darth Maul

Post by Kingcold94 Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:38 pm

I agree with everything you said.

Another thing I'd like to add. A new theory I've come up with. It seems as thought later in the war grievous has been able to evenly match and even best kenobi at times, and fight maul closely. While towards the beginning of the war, he struggled with the likes of fisto and koth. My theory is that Grievous could have gotten way stronger during the war. Remember geonosis was his first official saber fight and battle. it only makes sense that he would get far better in combat with more experience, and also rely less on his droid guards (which we see closer to ROTS) therefore I'd say ROTS Grievous >> fisto >= AOTC Grievous. A bit off topic, but thats my possible grievous theory. Anyways with this battle I'd give maul a slight edge. around 6-7/10 I agree with what you said.
Kingcold94
Kingcold94
Vice Admin
Vice Admin

Back to top Go down

EP3 General Grievous Vs EP1 Darth Maul Empty Re: EP3 General Grievous Vs EP1 Darth Maul

Post by Tienshinhan06 Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Kingcold94 wrote:I agree with everything you said.

Another thing I'd like to add. A new theory I've come up with. It seems as thought later in the war grievous has been able to evenly match and even best kenobi at times, and fight maul closely. While towards the beginning of the war, he struggled with the likes of fisto and koth. My theory is that Grievous could have gotten way stronger during the war. Remember geonosis was his first official saber fight and battle. it only makes sense that he would get far better in combat with more experience, and also rely less on his droid guards (which we see closer to ROTS) therefore I'd say ROTS Grievous >> fisto >= AOTC Grievous. A bit off topic, but thats my possible grievous theory. Anyways with this battle I'd give maul a slight edge. around 6-7/10 I agree with what you said.

Yeah I agree with this. Even in the Movie, Kenobi was beating Grievous but the fight clearly was not over and again Grievous does seem to fight better with 2 sabers then four (he matched Kenobi or beat him in TCW w/two sabers several times, but lost with four to Kenobi and had trouble with Fisto/Kisto. Fuck, in LoE (idk if thats canon anymore) he held his own vs Windu and Dooku). I think by the end of the clone wars, Grievous def can take out Fisto so I'd put it ROTS Grievous > ROTS Fisto > S1 Fisto >= S1 Grievous.

Tienshinhan06
Admin

https://kingkaisplanetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingcold94 Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Tienshinhan06 wrote:
Kingcold94 wrote:I agree with everything you said.

Yeah I agree with this. Even in the Movie, Kenobi was beating Grievous but the fight clearly was not over and again Grievous does seem to fight better with 2 sabers then four (he matched Kenobi or beat him in TCW w/two sabers several times, but lost with four to Kenobi and had trouble with Fisto/Kisto. Fuck, in LoE (idk if thats canon anymore) he held his own vs Windu and Dooku). I think by the end of the clone wars, Grievous def can take out Fisto so I'd put it ROTS Grievous > ROTS Fisto > S1 Fisto >= S1 Grievous.

In addition to that, I think people put too much weight on grievous losing an arm in a fight. they see that as him being out matched. I feel as though that is under thinking it a bit. An arm to grievous means nothing, they were meant to be lost and it didnt hinder him in the slightest. Just because he loses an arm in a fight doesnt mean hes losing it/will lose. It's not the same as when an organic being loses a limb. just my thoughts on that.

This would be a sick fight to see though
Kingcold94
Kingcold94
Vice Admin
Vice Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum